December 17, 2012 – [Reblog from Courageous Confessionals] Cate: Infinite Sadness… or Hope?
December 16, 2012 – [Reblog from Courageous Confessionals] Unveiling a new badge: Tracy Shave
December 9, 2012 – Keeping It Real: The Reality Blog Award
July 28, 2012 – Courageous Confessional Award Blog Page
July 27, 2012 – Award yourself and pay it forward
July 22, 2012 – 2012 Awards Season: Sunshine Blog Award
July 20, 2012 – Liebster Blog Award
July 15 – Award Cornucopia Page
July 11, 2012 – An Award for Blogging?
It appears to be Awards Season in the blogosphere!
Perhaps it’s because of all the good folks participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and the fact that I’m meeting so many new bloggers. Who knows, but while it feels really wonderful to get all these nominations, it’s also a tad overwhelming to get them all at once. I want to honor each nominator and do my part in sharing the love and appreciation for other bloggers out there. However, I do believe this is the first time in my life I have first-hand experience in understanding the phrase, “embarrassment of riches.”
From July 9, 2012 through July 28, 2012, thirteen fellow bloggers have nominated me for nine different awards. It’s more than a little overwhelming to receive this much love and attention all at once. It’s also a bit daunting because each award means answering some questions or offering more tidbits and factoids about me. While I seem to have no problem disclosing all the trauma and drama in my world and going into dense discourse on the subjects, I seem to have an inability to come up with less intimate but somehow more personal details about myself. Weird and uncomfortable to look at myself and think there might be something that interesting that would make others curious to know me better.
However, I think the most daunting portion of the entire thing is the pay it forward piece. It’s an honor to be in a position to nominate others to receive these awards. However, it also feels like a responsibility. I want to make sure that I’m not only paying forward to a wonderful blog, there are so many out there, I want to make sure I’m paying it forward to a blog that maybe has not had the recognition and exposure that it deserves. So many of the blogs I’ve been following and have enjoyed for a while already have a lot of recognition and have received the awards I’ve been gifted with, occasionally multiple times. So, that means I need to take the time to expand my knowledge and experience of the blogs of others.
So that I don’t forget who nominated me for what, I’m going to list the awards and those who gave them to me here. Then, once I have time to give each award the proper attention and gather the lists of blogs I’m going to pay it forward to, I’ll do a post and link it back to the award shown here.
- On July 9, 2012, NZ Cate at Infinite Sadness or Hope, notified me she was nominating me for The Daisy Award.
- On July 13, 2012, Ginger Ray from dailylifewithfibromyalgia, notified me she was nomintating me for The Liebster Blog Award.
- On July 14, 2012, Paloma Sharma from Going Bananas, nominated me for The Sunshine Award. On July 18, 2012, Mental Mama from Mental in the Midwest also nominated me for this award. Danielle Cloakey from cloakeynotes gave me her nomination on July 26th. On the 27th, Melissa from The Bright Side cast her vote as well.
- On July 14, 2012, Brother Jon from LDS Convert, bent and mangled some rules while nominating me and a lot of others for the next four awards:
- On July 22, 2012, Dan from hurdlestohappiness, also nominated me for the Illuminating Blogger Award. When I looked at the rules, they linked back to the originating site at Food Stories and I discovered that there are several badges to choose from, and my post will include both the original as well as the rainbow.
- Good2begone surprised me with the One Lovely Blog Award on July 28th, adding his nomination to Brother Jon’s.
- On July 20, 2012, Athena Brady, forwarded the Fabulous Blog Ribbon to me and on July 21, 2012, Keith Addison from Sleepless in Newcastle honored me with the same. I found out on July 26, 2012 that Sara from Recovery Corner had also nominated me.
- On July 23, 2012, Emily from My Inspired Life with Fibromyalgia adopted me into the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers. Then over two others nominated me as well. Jamie at Grandmother Musings did the same on on July 24, 2012 and Sara from Recovery Corner did the same on July 25th.
I have decided that I am not able to do individual posts to receive, reciprocate and pass on each of these individual award, despite my efforts to keep up. So, please go award yourselves and pay it forward.
Hi Kina, a triple treat of blog awards awaits you at my place: http://raisingthecurtain.net/2012/08/21/paying-the-blog-love-faward/. Play or don’t play it’s up to you and thanks for producing wonderful material!
Well done Kina, you deserve every one. You have uplifted people with your blog time and time again, your honesty is an inspiration to us all as is your fighting spirit.
Thank you Athena.